Sunday 14 September 2014

X-Wing Tournament Report

What a weekend! TommyH and I attended a 100 point X-Wing tournament down here in Sydney. It was a great day with 15 players in total (that is great for X-Wing). Here was what I took:

Rookie Pilot - 21
Rookie Pilot - 21
Rookie Pilot - 21
Bandit Squadron - 12
Bandit Squadron - 12
Bandit Squadron - 12
= 99 points.

Rebel swarm! I am usually the type of player who goes for the big elit type builds rather than swarm, but I thought I would give this a run. Ended up placing 4th. Got absolutely pounded in the first round by Whisper, Fel and two academy ties, but managed to pull three wins from then on. 

The funny thing is Rebel Swarms were EVERYWHERE that day. I think the count was that 27 Z-95's were playing the tournament.......with one player having eight in total for his squadron. TommyH took Ethan with 5 bandits and he pulled out three very strong wins to then lose his luck in the last game. He ended up as 5th, but would have come first or second had he won. 

I think I will make one change to this list:

Rookie Pilot - 21
Rookie Pilot - 21
Blue Squadron - 22
Bandit Squadron - 12
Bandit Squadron - 12
Bandit Squadron - 12
= 100 points.

Adding in a B-Wing will be much more versatile. I found that Rebel swarm really loses out in maneuverability once the dog fighting begins. Having a 2 K-turn and the option to barrel roll is great. Not to mention it adds a huge shield tank in the middle of the fleet.

Anyway, it was a great day. All my opponents were awesome to play against.

And one more thing, saw this pic yesterday:

Hilarious! 

4 comments:

  1. Those things are huge. Going to be on my christmas list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, and they will be a solid option for competition.

      Delete
  2. Got mine for pre order and will be interested to see how it performs. Looks like a beast! Interesting list. I have never faced a rebel swarm before and can see how the wall of shields would be a nightmare to deal with. The one of the tie swarms weakness is that it's ships can be destroyed quite easily but the rebels mitigate this slightly due to their increased shielding (but less mobility)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the second list will perform much better. The B-Wing is much better up close. The only problem will be keeping him in formation.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...