Wednesday 8 January 2014

2014 hobby resolutions


December is always a busy month for me so I don't get much of a chance to do any of my hobby (or blog). When Christmas rolled around, I finally got the opportunity to relax and sit down with a paintbrush and some models overdue for some colour. This got me thinking about my hobby resolutions for the New Year:


1. Work through my painting backlog
I think everyone can relate to this - there are always more models we want but we haven't finished painting (or in some cases assembling) what we already have. So, my first aim is to finish painting all my models. This is probably the least achievable of my aims as I already have my eye on a Stompa - better get painting those boyz...

2. Only play with painted models
Personally, I prefer playing games where all the models are painted to some degree - for some reason it seems more enjoyable. My second aim is to only play with models that have been painted with at least base colours (including bases). This should help motivate me to paint another 10-20 boyz rather than spend time tweaking my Deff Dread or Wraith Knight.

3. Think more tactically
So I'm not the best player of 40k and Ruby will be the first to tell you that I have a tendency to go after the big kill rather than the big threat. I also hold vendettas - if I think an enemy unit has 'wronged' me, I'll want to destroy it immediately rather than focusing on any original tactic. So, aim #3 is to think through my approach to games more. This is essential if end up playing Spicerack's Forgeworld IG list with my Orks.

4. Write more battle reports
My favourite part of White Dwarf is the 40k battle reports. I generally don't buy a copy unless it has a battle report in it so my fourth and final aim is write-up more of the 40k warzone battles. We enjoy playing them and writing them up and we hope you enjoy reading them.

So now the important part - what are your hobby resolutions for 2014?

2 comments:

  1. Paint at least twice of what I painted last year. Want to paint my whole SM army, learn how to paint damn vehicles and find a theme colour for my tyranids army.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...